40 Exclusive HDR features only offered by Mud Buddy
The original belt drive with fifteen years on the water.
4400 Black Death with Hyper Grass Camo shown.
Ask for these features for the best mud motor you will ever own.
1. Convenient Handle End Shift FNR, Trim and Kill Switch
2. Moto Cross Soft Grip
3. Kill Switch Lanyard Where it Should Be
4. Wires Hidden Inside the Handle Like They Should Be
5. Marine Grade Stainless Clamp Handles
6. Highest Horsepower Engines
7. Built in Travel Lock
8. Mercury™ Built 8300 Lb. Trim Assembly
9. Cast Aluminum Transmission Cover
10. Cast Aluminum Outdrive
11. Stainless Drive Tube
12. High Thrust Reverse Splash and Cavitation Plate
13. Patented Seal System with Extended 50 Hour Service Schedule
14. Two Blade High Pitch Reverse Thrust Propeller
15 & 16. Line Cutter & Stainless Skeg
17. Marine Grade Powder Coating with Baked On Rich Zinc Undercoat
18. Stainless Q Muffler Option
19. Three Gear Ratio Selections (large boats and loads)
20. Circuit Breakers (no fuses)
21, 22, 23 and 24. 4400 Engine Option, Black Death Intake, BPS Heads, Stainless Valves and Tau Ceti Air Cleaner
25. Four Vibration Dampers- Swivel Mounts, Handle and Trim Bumper
26. Extended 5 year Casting Warranty
27. Marine Grade Waterproof Electrical Plugs
28. Stainless BPS™ Oversize Throttle Lever
29. Extended Handle for Hunt Deck Style Boats
30. Handle Mounted Mid-Engine for Smoothest Ride in the Industry
31. Tach, Hour Meter, and Service Reminder w/Manual Programming
32. All Stainless Mount, Swivel and Engine Positioning Tray
33. Maximum High and Low Trim without any Trim Pin Adjustments Needed
34. O-Ring Sealed Waterproof Outdrive
35. Engine Vented Outdrive (No vent holes that let water and debris into the outdrive.)
36. Hyper Grass Camo Option (five step process)
37. 34" Standard Max Reach Outdrive (Built to dig deep in the mud and reach out to get better traction.)
38. German Engineered Drive Belt
39. Only Cavitation Plate with Splash Protection
40. Big Blade™ Propeller. Large cups and pitch which make this the best mud and reverse style propeller ever designed. Great hole shots, power for large boats and unmatched top end speeds. Plus one of the thickest and longest lasting propeller built today.
Hammer™ Brand propeller option for large horsepower engines.
- Best Fit and Finish in the Industry
- Highest Definition Camo (see the detail)
- Lowest Profile Engine and Drive (8" lower than other belt drives)
- Smoothest Handle and Easiest Steering Belt Drive
- Easiest Service with the Best Warranty.
HDR Electric Shift Reverse
Backing up couldn't be easier.
Cast Aluminum Transmission Cover
Features You Deserve
Designed Like it Should Be
Today, like any quality outboard, we use a
cast aluminum cover.
- One half inch thick
- Looks great
- No vent holes
- No water and debris in drive housing
- No belt freezing in low temperatures
- Power vented by engine
- Quieter operation
Handle Mounted on the Engine Side
Handle mounted where it should be for
the smoothest ride ever.
- Four frame mounted vibration dampers
- Handle mounted where it should be
- Moto cross comfort handle grip
Mercury Built Power Trim
• Trims fully upwards and fully downwards with no trim positioning pins to move between rides.
Built-In Travel Lock
• Locks the drive up and down, and from side to side.
• No straps, transom savers, or belt drive brackets
Why the Mud Buddy Reverse Belt Drive Works Better
Cavitation Plate and Splash Plate Combined
- Exclusive to Mud Buddy
- Mounted close to propeller for better
reverse thrust and cavitation control
- Splash plate directs propeller wash downward
- Cavitation plate eliminates air bubbles from above
that cause the propeller to slip in weeds and mud
- Best hole shots
- Best reverse thrust
- Best in deep deep mud - hands down
Marine Style Lockable Stainless Clamp Handles
• First class all the way
• Holes for padlocks
• Tach, hour meter and programmable service hour reminders
• Designed for EFI use also
Stainless Steel Drive Tube
Toughest in the Industry
- Removable stainless skeg
(10 times stronger than aluminum)
- Stainless drive tube
- Stainless bearing collar
- Stainless steel Big Blade propeller
Patented Bearing and Seal System
Do you have to grease your drive every 5 hours?
Do you spend more time greasing than driving?
Where does all that grease go?
Not with Mud Buddy - they simply check our drive grease
level every 50 hours, not five.
Mud Buddy invented the sealed mud motor drive over 15 years ago and today, no other mud motor lasts as long. The Mud Buddy exclusive seal design builds a pressure area between the seals while you drive that keeps mud and debris out and grease in your drive for a longer lasting and dependable drive.
BPS Stainless Q Performance
The days of noisy mufflers is over. We found a
way to be quiet and yet have more power
- 4400 standard
- Optional on 37EFI
- More horsepower
- Highest fit & finish
- Deep aggressive but quiet sound
- Oversized inlet and outlet tubes
- Turns light bronze color with use
- One year warranty
Cast Aluminum Belt Housing
Built like it should be.
Fifteen years ago Mud Buddy's first prototypes had an aluminum tube belt housing with a plate welded to the bottom to keep the water out.
Today Mud Buddy has professionally designed
modern style cast aluminum outdrive.
Years of use without a failure proves they are the
toughest and the best.
Half inch thick castings with O-ring seal.
Big Blade Performance Propellers
Legendary Big Blade™ and Hammer™ Brand Propellers
- Designed for reverse thrust
- High pitch blade bite
- Thicker to last longer
- Built in line cutter (new)
- Brass propeller nut
- Great hole shots
- Unmatched top end speeds
Hammer propeller is 12.25 X 11 pitch
for larger horsepower motors and loads.
Big Blade is 12 X 10 pitch for normal loads
and 35 to 4400 engines.